Do you want an American Boat? We can save you money Importing from the USA to Australia.
There are several reasons why to import a boat from the USA to Australia
- Greater range of boats and yachts.
- There is No import duty for American manufactured boats and yachts because of USA Australia Free Trade Agreement (USFTA)
- Boats and Yachts are cheaper in the USA than Australia
We specialises in shipping & importing of boats & yachts from the USA. DAZMAC imports hundreds of yachts and boats from the USA to Australia each year so we have the knowledge & experience to make the shipping process stress free for your boat or yacht.
We are also a licensed customs brokerage which means we handle the shipping process from the beginning to end. DAZMAC handles boats & yacht Australia wide covering all major ports. This means all you have to worry about is finding the boat and we do the rest!
Please take the time to read this page if you are serious about buying a boat or yacht from the USA as it explains all of the steps involved.
Here are some popular websites to help you find Yachts, Catamarans and Boats to import from the USA to Australia.
There are many other websites, boat dealers these are just sites which we have recieved good feedback from our customers.
Get a Survey Report before you Import a Boat or Yacht From USA To Australia
Once you find a boat or yacht in the USA you want purchase, it is highly recommended you get a survey or pre-purchase report done by an independent marine surveyor. There are two marine surveyor associations in the USA, SAMS and NAMS these associations also cover several other countries.
The Marine Survey report is the most important step!
1. They can stop you from buying a boat in worst condition than advertised! Some sellers use old photos when the boat or yacht was in good condition.
2. It makes sure the boat is real and genuine. There are plenty of scams on the internet so you need to beware and be careful.
3. Knowing the condition of the boat or yacht can allow you to negotiate a better price and also repairs are often cheaper in the USA also you may be able to arrange any repairs prior to the boat leaving the USA.
4. Insurance. Damage and theft are very rare on Roll on Roll off shipments its less than half a percent and for boats and yachts. Also on container shipping in which we arrange the packing and unpacking for the containers. But damage does happen so should a claim arise your survey/prepurchase report will ensure your claim is processed and approved quickly and without any issues.
Import Duties, Taxes and Permits
American made boats & yachts shipped which are shipped from the USA to Australia, there is No Import Duty. Please be aware if you buy a boat or yacht in the USA which was manufactured in another country Import Duty of 5% FOB costs which is the value of the boat plus the freight costs including any inland transport or repairs to the boat, Also American made boats imported from any country other than the USA will also incur import duty of 5%
Import GST of 10% applies to all boats & yachts on the CIF value, which is the costs of boat or yacht, the cost of the insurance and the freight costs including any inland transport or repairs to the boat. The exchange is based on the day of departure from the USA supplied by Australian Customs.
All boat & yacht with Air Conditioning Units require an import permit from the government to gain entry to Australia.
boats & yachts trailers also require an import permit from the department of infrastructure even if you do not intend to register or us the trailer in Australia.
DAZMAC can handle both of these Import Permits on your behalf to ensure there is no delays or additional storage charges upon arrival in Australia.
Once your survey is complete and you have settled on a price with the seller its time to make payment. If you are concerned with transferring your funds to a company or private individual overseas, in the USA we offer a escrow (secure payment) service which guarantees a security for you. You pay DAZMAC and we pay the seller in the USA and collect the boat we will hand over a cashiers cheque in exchange for the boat or yacht.
Please note our drivers will check the VIN and HIN # to confirm they are they the correct boat & trailer but do not check the boat condition. You must get a survey for check the boat condition.
Full Risk Marine Transit Insurance
DAZMAC offers full risk insurance for boats and yachts shipped from the USA to Australia. The costs is only 1.5% of insured value. Most boat importers will insure the value of the boat and shipping costs. The highest value you can insure is the boat+freight+10%.
The Minimum cost for full risk marine transit insurance is USD $295.
Shipping your boat or yacht from the USA to Australia
This is the easiest part all you need to do is contact DAZMAC for no obligation free quote.We have instant quote available online which cover your port to port shipping fees including the customs clearance and initial quarantine inspection attendance.
To request a instant quote please click here.
For any enquiries or questions about importing your boat from the USA, please contact our team of professional boat importers!