Want import a car from the UK?
DAZMAC Automotive Logistics specialises in international shipping of cars, motorhomes, caravans and machinery. British vehicles have been popular in Australia for a long time. With the car manufacturing industry closing in Australia in the near future, we expect more and more cars will be purchased and shipped from the UK to Australia.
In Addition to the commerical purchases there are alot of British, Irish and returning Australians travelling back to Australia to live which need to ship not only their personal effects but also their vehicles, motorbikes and boats back as well. There is a scheme set up for individuals called the personal import scheme which allows the cars to be imported and avoid going to a RAWS workshop for compliance saving costs to get the car registered.
We are more than just your average freight forwarder or customs brokerage, as we offer specific services tailored to our customers needs such as
- Secure International Payments
- Transit Finance
- Approved Pre quarantine cleaning
- Claim back VAT on purchases in the UK
- Import Permit Application Services
- We can recommend a compliance workshop in each state
Please take the time to read this page if you are seriouly interested in shipping a vehicle from the UK to Australia as it explains all the steps involved and options available.
Below are popular websites to find British and European Cars, Caravans and Motorhomes to Import from the UK to Australia
Its important to get Pre Purchase Reports for all imported Cars, Caravans and Motorhomes in the UK to Australia
Once you have found a vehicle in the UK you are interested purchasing, it is highly recommended you get a pre-puchase report done by an independant company.
For prepurchase reports for cars, caravans and Motor homes please follow this link http://www.theaa.com/vehicle-inspections/index.html
TheAA.com also offers data reports so you can check if a vehicle is stolen.
Pre purchase reports are important for several reasons
1. They can stop you from buying a bomb! Some sellers may use old photos when the car or vehicle was in better condition.
2. It confirms the vehicle is real and geninue. There are some scamers on the internet so you need to beware.
3. Knowing the exact condition of the vehicle can allow you to better negotiate the price and also repairs are often cheaper in the UK so you may be able to arrange any repairs prior to the vehicle departing the UK if required.
4. Insurance. Damage and theft are very rare on Roll on Roll off shipments its less than 0.5% and for vehicles which we arrange the packing and unpacking in containers. But damage does happen so should a claim arise your pre purchase report will ensure your claim is processed quickly and without any issues.
- Payable on vehicles that do not comply with Schedule 4 or any of the Free trade Agreements we have in place
- Vehicles that are 30 years or older are duty free as per the following item from Schedule 4(please note that the vehicle must comply with the following):
SCHEDULE 4: Item 41D 941 (* ) Vehicles of an age of 30 years or more, being:
(a) utilities or pick-ups, having a g.v.w. not exceeding 3.5 tonnes classified under 8704.21.10 or 8704.31.10 of Schedule 3; or
(b) passenger motor vehicles
Luxury Car Tax
- Payable on vehicles that exceed the allowable LCT threshold which is currently A$61,884.00 based on the vehicle sell price less duty, GST or LCT. LCT is payable at 33%
- Payable at 10%
- Not payable on vehicles that are solely designed for people with a disability
All Imported Cars Require Permits
The types of vehicle permits available are:
Pre 1989 – This permit is specifically for older cars manufacturered before 1989
Personal Import – You must have lived overseas and owned your vehicle for more than 12 months to be eligable for this permit
SEVS – This permit is for approved Enthusiast cars, the approved list is found on the RAWS Australia website
Letter of Compliance – This is for newer cars and you must get a letter of compliance from the authorised compliance company for your car to get approval for this import. authorised compliance companies are found via the RVCS.
Race & Rally Cars – Cars which enter Australia under this permit can not be registered for road use and need to be purpose build racingf cars
NON Road Vehicles – This permit is only for vehicles not designed to go on public roads, such as dirt bikes, and ATVs
**There are also discretionary import permits for vehicles for exhibitions, miltary forces, special purpose vehicles and repairs available. Please contact us for any further advice or information.
CFC Permits are required for all cars and other vehicles with air-conditioning and refridgerators. Alternatively you can arrange to have these appliances degassed in the country of origin then you will need to provide documentation to prove this to Australian Customs.
Full Risk Insurance
DAZMAC offers full risk insurance for vehicle imports. The costs is only 1.5% of insured value. Generally you will insure the value of the vehicle and freighting costs. The highest value you can insure is the vehicle + freight + 10%. The Minimum cost for insurance is USD 295.
Shipping Vehicles From UK To Australia
This is the easy part all you need to do is contact us for no obligation free quote. We offer very competitive Roll on Roll Off shipping pricing as well as shared container packs from our UK depot to all major ports in Australia.
We are also a Licensed Customs Brokerage which means we handle the shipping process from start to finish so the product is a true door to door service. DAZMAC handles vehicle imports into every major port in Australia. This means all you have to do is find the vehicle and we do the rest!
We can offer full guarantee on pre quarantine clearance for cars shipped from Southampton to Australia by Roll On Roll Off
We offer free advice so do not hesitate to contact us for more information regarding your specific circumstances.
To request a quote please click here.